Catrin has been having singing lessons for several weeks now, but it isn't going quite as well as we'd hoped...The first week she felt nauseated after the teacher drew a basic design of the lungs, stomach etc to explain how the breathing works..& she's been feeling nauseated ever since!
They changed room, cos the walls were covered in some fabric, as well as having carpet, & the guy wondered if that would help.
This week she didn't go cos she was feeling a bit under the weather, so I went to chat to him, to say she wasn't able to come..He's obviously concerned cos he bought it up (excuse the pun!)
I said I couldn't think of anything that it might be, then he told me that the student following Catrin has panic attacks, cries & gets upset..hmmm. I don't think it's anything to do with him, maybe it's the fact that the room doesn't have any windows & isn't very big.
Catrin used to have her flute lessons in one of the rooms, but you have to breath differently for singing then you do for flute?
Any ideas anyone?

3 comments:
The only thing I can think of is hyperventilation, is she breathing correctly?, (although I would have thought the teacher would have checked).... It might also explain the panic attacks in the other pupil
Pat, I thought I had left this comment yesterday. Do you think it could be hyperventilation? The teacher should be checking her breathing is ok, but hyperventilation would account for panic attacks. Other than tat I don't know
Pat
it's a thought, tho as you say the teacher should be checking this..will investigate further! thanks
Post a Comment