Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Today started at a reasonable hour, the children having got out of the habit at getting up at 5am to open presents! We went to church, only a handful of us,and Dik talked about the differences between the births of boys in the old testament and the new..those who had been predicted by an angel, as Christ's was..

Then home for lunch..roast chicken with all the trimmings..Our neighbour came for lunch (we had been to her's yesterday evening for a super French style meal! foi gras, the lot! bit of a come down to have ours today..after all, they have different wine for each course! We stuck with the white that she had bought over! Still we were full to the brim after..I thought I would bust if I had any more!)
She bought the entreƩ with her..oysters with a dash of lemon, and some toast and a confiture..O yummy!! Catrin had her first (& last!) I quite enjoy them especially with the lemon..Then we all sat down to watch "Miracle on 34th Street" It's in black & white!! We put English subtitles on for our neighbour, & she did ok!

Yesterday was Gwilym's 16 birthday..so Catrin thought a cake in the shape of a guitar was a good idea..
We used licorice laces for the strings, and other bits of licorice for the other bits & bobs..It tasted good!!

No comments: