Bit of a crazy week for us..meetings here there & everywhere..Alan just off for the first bible study on campus! Very exciting, & praying that folks would come!!
Tonight Alan gets to go to his jazz band, good for relaxing & unwinding!
For me a quiet day of baking (latest experiment, a strawberry yoghurt cake! given half to Alan to share with the fac team!!) Bread maker has given up the ghost, so making some bread rolls a la main for the first time in a very long time! It's great though cos we have some supermarket vouchers so we can get one virtually free!! We use it so much, once you have one there's no living without it!! Bread rolls for lunches, loaves of bread for when folks come or to take to the church bun fights, & bread rolls for communion ever Sunday!
Here is the receipe for yoghurt cake
I pot of yoghurt (first day of trying a strawberry flavoured one normally it's plain, or lemon)
3 yoghurt pots of plain flour
2 yoghurt pots of sugar (I use only 1, 2 seems an awful lot of sugar to me!
3 eggs
1 pot of veg oil
1/2 sachet of baking powder
Makes your average cake tin sized cake (8")
just a normal sized yoghurt, using the same pot for it all... easy peezy lemon squeezy!
mix well, stick in the cake tin & bake 180° for 1/2h ! marvellous, & never fails!! I have found that my normal cakes are just hopeless! I've made these several times now & always good results..I wait with wonder at what will be said about my strawberry cake!!

No comments:
Post a Comment