Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The weather was so mild today that I thought it time to get out there & do a bit of chopping! We have a wonderful wandering plant & we had a arch for it to grow over, however it went completely mad & got too heavy for it, & so it's bust! Should have realised I suppose, cos when we bought the house there in the garden was an arch, collapsed underneath the weight of the plant..ahaha no, it wasn't just a feeble piece of garden furniture!!

Tomorrow we're starting a ladies group for the Anglophone church, & we're gonna be using a study book,Biblical Womanhood by Sarah Young. I had the choice of two, & chose this one as I think it's very relevant to what we were talking about on Sunday evening. The pressure to conform to the world in every way, looks, attitude to our image, men other ladies etc & this book covers all of that & more.
We start off looking at how we were created "male & female" ;Women & the fall,Women & marriage,Women & singleness, Women & beauty, Women & the family of God, Women & their sisters,Women & their brothers & finally Women & their Lord.

Have done the first chapter & sent everyone by email so that we can all read it & think about our responses beforehand..It's good to go back to basics, & remind ourselves how we were created in God's image & to look at what that means, & how actually it really does give women status..I know that many people think that Christianity is sexist! but how wrong they are! It's great being a Christian woman..I know too, that not all Christian women feel this as they haven't always had a good experience..but we have to remember to, that although we're Christians we're saved by grace..& are still sinners.. we have to be prepared to forgive, & to ask for forgiveness. Sounds very trite perhaps.."you don't know what I've gone through" I hear..no I don't but God does!

No comments: