Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

S'funny how things you plan can change in a matter of hours!
I went to my meeting this morning about the kids club we hope to do again, in February..it went ok, but we need to try and encourage other folks in the church to take part..having said that Fev is the big ski-ing holiday, though I don't imagine many of our folks do that although they may very well go away.
Then I'd planned to go to the new meeting for the english speaking church..already, bought my salad & baguette..but during the night Catrin was unwell, although she went to school this morning..half day, & she came home looking very pale & in a lot of discomfort

So, there are times when I feel that I'm not "doing enough ..after all I'm a missionary here in France aren't I?! Surely I should be out there working for the Lord"
..however when things like this come along, then it's just like God is saying "here lies your priority, here is where you should be..yes, you should be reaching out to to others with the gospel, but your first responsibility is to the family I gave you..& by looking after my family, I'm being a witness to my God who kindly gave me my daughter & son (who was off school last week!) & looking after my husband who is often out each night..

and when thinking these things, what are out motives behind these thoughts? That people will look at me & think "wow she does so much! she must be so tired with all that work she's doing"..is that what will get me in to the kingdom of God?
No! "It is by grace you have been saved & not by works, so that no one can boast..."

No comments: