"...in the bedroom, little boxes in the sitting room little boxes in the garage and they all look just the same.
There are big ones there are small ones but they're not as big as all the Britannia ones, but they're boxes little boxes and they all look just the same
"You can just about fit this in to the well known tune of "Little boxes" if you know it!!! Especially if you rush the second line of the last verse!
It's true too , the big french boxes are not as huge as the huge Brittania boxes, some of which we still have in the garage, and some of which are still not unpacked from when we first arrived last year!
One of my sisters in law would say, that if you hadn't used it for a year, throw it out! Hmm, not sure if I'd be brave enough to do that.

10 comments:
Yes, the tune came to me straight away.
No. my mother always taught me - if you keep a thing for SEVEN years and don't use it - keep it for another seven! Needless to say our removal men had a fit!
How many "sevens" do you think is acceptable!?
I suppose next year might be the final "seven" cos we will then have been married for 14yrs, a time to chuck a few things perhaps??
I'm inclined to agree with Elen, wait the allotted time and then a bit because a fortnight after you throw it out, be assured, you'll want it!
As for throwing things out after 14 years, you just take it easy with Alan my girl....
Oh you daft thing!!!
It's funny, but this afternoon, for the first time in years I heard a part of that song played on the radio (radio 4 believe it or not), and it has reminded me of/revealed three interesting things:-
1. The singer was Vince Seager;
2. It was around in the sixties, (really!) and;
3. Although I am far too much of a gentleman to even dream of guessing a lady's age, you have given away the fact that you and Elen are clearly much, much older than I had ever imagined. (And you won't get away with trying the old, "I learned it at my granny's knee," routine.)
Not true! I have 4 older sister's who were always singing that song!
Yeh, yeh, yeh!
(And that's not intended to be the Beatle's "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," which I have been told by MY grandfather is of the same era!)
Well that song reminds me of the song that Morcambe and Wise sang backing vocals with Tom Jones!
Erhm, what song liche? (Written in my best Liverpool accent).
I'm just dying (metaphorically speaking) to know what it was that Morecambe and Wise sang with Jones the Shout. Please do enlighten.
(Or was it 'Bring me Sunshine' where they had evidently been quite successful in editing the other fellow out? If so, perhaps someone could teach my radio the same trick.)
Post a Comment