Well, it was certainly a wild and wooly day!! It started off quite windy first thing this morning. On the way to school all of a sudden it got really windy!!!
In front of us on one of the main roads, a tarpaulin came lose and flew across the road,only it wasn't of the material kind, but solid! It didn't seem to hit anything, just missed a van, but hit the traffic lights which started swinging around!!
There was a tree down at Catrin's school and it was uncertain for a while, if the children would stay or be sent home. It soon calmed down so they stayed.
Then, this is what I found at the DEFLE thisafternoon. The photo above is of a tree that just missed the building!!
And all this in a matter of about 1/2 hr or so! Then it just stopped. It was amazing.
After the wind, came the rain!! A few huge puddles developed in places, and again in the school playground, much to the delight of the children!!
Now it's sunny and overcast!
These are what I found in the garden. Not as a result of the storm! but they are pretty aren't they, and probably poisonous too!
So we do have fairies in our garden!

2 comments:
So pleased the children are better and wonderful news about the house. Wow, are you sure the storm wasn't a tornado?!
The photos are both dramatic, informative and great qualitiy.
Opportunities, well, yes; I don't think I've ever come across anyone who can say - 'I did a really good job of telling them the gospel'. People come from such different backgrounds and we don't know what's going on in their lives and hearts so we just have to trust in the Lord. We just do what we can. I fail most times. I'm hopeless and I've been on seminars about the 'two ways to live' and Christianity Explored and I'm still no better. Ah well, it's God's work really, which is a good job. Your life will probably speak louder than your words in the end. Prayer, yes, that's the key.
That's very interesting Pat, (well to me at least!), if you click on and thus enlarge the picture of the fungi, just to the right of the smaller of the two, there is what seems like a Venus Flytrap growing. Were these in a boggy spot?
I guess one of the (perhaps least reliable) ways of telling whether or not fungi are edible is:- if the French have not already picked them, they're inedible! Of course, if you found them before the French, that theory immediately falls. It could also be, (though unlikely) that the French don't know what they are either.
Post a Comment