Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2007

American student

We had a meeting at the school today about the students who are coming in June.

We were given our dossiers, and so now we know whom we are having and their names too. She looks a very nice girl and is just a little bit older than Catrin.

She goes to a french immersion school in America!

So we all have to speak french to her, for two weeks!! One of the conditions to us having her .

It does seem strange that we should be one of the families they chose, but there you go! Perhaps french life from a British perspective??

So, 3 months to perfect my French skills! I have been asking the children this evening for little phrases, so I'll have to have a book of them near by!

We are praying that she'll enjoy her stay here, and not get too homesick, and that she will learn something of the french culture. She will be going to school with Catrin, and of course join in the scout activities on one of the Saturdays.

I have just e mailed the family, hope that doesn't put them off, I sent them photos too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I't sounds exciting. You'll have plenty of time to prepare. Let's hope it all goes well.