A book I would really recommend for those who may be thinking of going abroad into missionary work!
I was given it by a very dear friend, thank you Mary!! and started reading it only last week.
"readers may classify themselves a linguistic hares or plodding tortoises, but language learning is a field in which a plodder will always arrive successfully...People learn at different speeds"
As they say in books, the italics, mine..
then the author Michel Griffiths recalls someone who learned three different Chinese dialects in four years "most people take that long to learn one.."
It is such an encouraging book and I consider myself to be a plodder. I always have been and sometimes get discouraged, but then I remind myself that we have only been here 18 months, and we have come a long way, by the grace of God..So it's a really good book and one that makes me take heart, and carry on!
Tonight, Alan and I went to a restaurant to celebrate out 14 wedding anniversary! Where have the years gone....
We had a lovely meal at L'Agneau à la Braise. I had Salmon for starters, as did Alan, and then I had duck, the sorbet, as by then I was quite full!
It was lovely to go out on our own, but very strange to come home and know that the children are not here!
They have gone "camping" with the scout group, only overt night. We get them back tomorrow evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment