Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good ole fish'n chips

Last night at the student centre we held an English evening and so of course it was my turn to have a night out (for those of you who may not know..Alan is Welsh)

and served fish 'n chips!!
Alan & I had done the shopping that morning, and found some breaded fish, and some frying chips...the cooking was done by one of the lads

Ben was the fish 'n chip server upper..and it came with good old salt and vinegar, and naturally wrapped in news paper!

OK so it wasn't quite as good as the real thing, but it brought back memories of the chippies back home. There were about 20 folks there, and Ben did a talk on the top 10 things of England..

I can't remember what came where in the order of things, but they included the Queen, rain, London buses, the country side, beaches, cup of tea(no 3) and fish and chips which was no.1
I can't remember the other things!! Isn't that terrible!

Any way, I'm sure Liz will blog about it too (won't you Liz!)

He then went to speak about why England is so special for him, and gave his testimony..how he became a Christian..the fact that you can get a good cuppa in England, you can get all sorts of wonderful things there but you can find God anywhere!

It was a great opportunity to share the gospel with many of these folks who don't know it,and one or two of them seemed interested after.

We have a baptismal service tomorrow, and hopefully some of the folk will be coming to that..

It was good fun, and I met some lovely folks...

but Oh I was soooo tired! I can't cope with late nights like I once could!! so early night for me tonight

Good night all!

No comments: