Well, we've come to the end of our lovely weekend.
We started by going to Gwilym's (soon to be Catrin's too) collége to see some of the work of the students, and the plans for the extension to it, to incorporate the Lycée.
Then home for a pizza, and off to the tram to go into Bordeaux for our friends wedding! The young couple who got married in USA. It turned out to be a lovely sunny day, starting off looking a bit dodgy!I may put some piccys on later... it's too late to go and dig out my camera now.
Then we went to supper at St Loubes, and had a great time of nosh, and fellowship, finally getting home just after 1.30 this morning.
This morning was the English service here, and we had 15 folks all together! A few students who had been at fac, some I'd met at the English evening and one girl I'd not seen before (although others knew her) So we had to find extra chairs, and indeed may have to actually buy some more!
I wasn't in for the message, but having a great time with Lego and Hannah!
It seemed to go well though.
After, we had a BBQ outside on the patio, with dessert provided by Fiona... banofee pie!!!! mmm, and fruit salad! mmmm!
It was great to have everyone stay, and not to have to rush off, but take time to sit and chat and get to know each other..that's what fellowship is all about, and I'm so glad we can do this each week.
Then off to our church at 4.30 and I understood nearly all that was said, and was able to tell Sammy's wife what I'd understood! She had heard the sermon this morning, as Sammy had been preaching in Blaye, and so could confirm, that what I said was what Sammy had said! So, hey that's progress eh??!!
Now all I need is for the speech area of my brain connect so that I can answer quicker, and be 'on the ball 'with my responses to conversations!
As I was listening to the sermon, I was writing notes, but I have to write them in English, otherwise I spend the time correcting my French, and wondering if I've spelt it right, or if it's the correct grammar!! In English it is written!
So, everyone else is in bed, Gwilym is off on a school trip just an overnight stay, and has to be at the school for 7.30 so I'm off too!!
Night night!

No comments:
Post a Comment