is back from her 3 week trip to China, to visit her daughter. She had a splendid time.
We had a replacement teacher who we really enjoyed..dare I say it, she did more on grammar which we quite liked.
Any way, the other lady said to me today, as soon as she saw me 'I hear you have made good progress' so I asked her if it was the other teacher who had told her, she said 'yes, what happened'
So much for that encouragement thought I!
Sometimes one gets very discouraged, and it doesn't always help when the teacher says good things and bad things in one breath!I think that is one of the difficulties we have found with the teachers here in France..they tell you you're rotten at something, and it's supposed to encourage you to work harder..instead, for some, it makes you feel even worse!
We need to think before we speak don't we..and use words to build one another up, as it says in the Bible..I'm a bad example I know!
Still, it's the AGM for the association where I go, and several of us have been given stuff to read out, and it seems my teacher thinks I read well..
Ho hum!

No comments:
Post a Comment