I needed to go to the doctors for a repeat prescription of my thyroxin, and to check to see if the blood pressure tablets were working..no, so put on different tabs.
Came home, and Alan said 'don't you remeber last time you took beta blockers, you were vomiting and nearly fainting'
ah!! forgot that bit...some years ago (firstly when expecting Catrin) I developed tacky cardia (sounds like a dirty heart,probably spelt wrong! but my heart beat would suddenly start racing from 50 beats up to 180ish beats, and ususaly at 3 o'clock in the morning, when I was asleep.. spent a week in hospital, and after cardio grams and monitioring, (lovely heart, it wasn't tacky at all!) and stuff, they put it down to just being pregnant..Then I chatted with someone who had had the same problem (but for her usually during the day)
Several years later, it started happening again..Alan was away for a few days, so went to my GP who put me on a small dose of propranalol..that's when I was ill...ruined our anniversary dinner too!
So went back to the medicin again and some how explained all this...wants me to try these tablets tonight and in the morning and see how it goes..he has given me a prescription for something else should I find that I "tomber dans les pommes" feel faint & sick!
He is a really nice doctor, and helps me with my french too! I didn't realise how stressed I get when I go for a visit..I try and feel relaxed, and he is a nice GP, but up goes the bp and the pulse!(120) When I get home they come down something lovely!
Ho hum!
Just had a visit from Ben, who is off to prayer meeting with Alan, and he came distributing gifts..Pg tips, cheddar cheese, cadbury choc, and digestive biccy's! Just in time too, cos we have jsust started our last box of Pg tips! What a hero..
It's the little things in life....

No comments:
Post a Comment