Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring seems to have arrived

so yesterday we were able to have the Griffins & Rebekah here for lunch, & eat outside. We are so priviledged to be here, cos we meet so many different people from different lands..we had 14 folks or so at the English speaking church service on Sunday!

Today has been a quiet day, well afternoon. Catrin was taken off to the forest with Layla & her girls to stay at Marie Anne"s house since yesterday (she is due back about 8pm) & Gwilym had a birthday party to go to this afternoon, so I sat out in the sun doing my homework..

We have been asked to do about marriage in our various countries, & I have been looking on the internet for something interesting (like in India you chuck rice at the couple, in the UK, well, you can chuck anything I suppose!)

I read all about the Marriage Act of 1753, and what is was like before that came to be..how you had to be at least 14 (for a boy)12 for a girl before you could get married!!!That is scary..

various other problems that arose from 'clandestine' marriages between the gentry & the poor!

So it's been a very helpful afternoon, now all I have to do is put it into French

The piggies have been upgraded to living outside..hopefully with the improvement of my beloved's wheezy chest!!!

No comments: