We had the heating chap come last week to see if he could sort us out...we have radiators partout, a boiler in the loft, but no heat..I have to admit that I'm always cold here in the winter (this will be witnessed also by some friends who stayed with us last year for a few days..they came down the stairs in the morning with coats & socks on over their nighties!) So Alan phoned around, & the first guy he got was the one who put it in!
So he fiddled with the boiler switches in the loft saying he would come back that afternoon..but we must have missed them by 10mins! so Alan phoned again & e mailed telling them that the radiators were still cold ..& they came back again today.
Being holiday time, I don't get up very early (yesterday it was 10am!! I was feeling guilty so decided to get up 9.30 today..well, that is better in'it!)
I was reading & I heard a whispered 'bonjour' at the door, so shot out of bed, got dressed & walked into the sitting room as if I'd been up for hours (alan was still in his dressing gown)
So, they went up into the loft again..fiddled with the buttons switches what ever, & came down once again confident that that's done it, it'll work now..so I keep going around the house feeling the radiators..nothing yet! He is coming again this afternoon..we ain't going no where til he's been!!
We have been given 10 cinema tickets by our next door neighbour cos I looked after her little boy for a week whilst she was working.. & they are for a specific cinema....we have til the end of Nov to use them..so once the heating fellahs have been this afternoon, three of us are just going to go..There's a film called 'Il reste du jambon?' which looks very much like the film 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' if anyone's seen that..except it's about a French girl who falls for an Arab, about the cultural differences etc..should be fun!
Gwilym is with his mate Pierre in Poitiers..back either today or tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment