Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 14, 2010

mood swings...

are funny things aren't they...Saturday afternoon I spent a lovely time with Catrin, singing Christmas carols at the piano..she was picking out the soprano & alto parts, & we were singing them..me the alto, & once we got going it was great!

Yesterday I went to the prayer meeting ( I don't often go, Catrin isn't fond of being in the house when the evenings are dark, even tho Gwilym is upstairs in his room) Everything was fine, but during the praying I suddenly felt so inadequate! Praying in French is so difficult & I felt useless & got very upset on the way home...culture shock arrives several months after one arrives in a country, & again once you can understand the language a lot better, & again when you realise that you are a long way from being fluent!

This afternoon I went to spend with a friend from church, reading a book together in French & praying together...then I realised, that it is something I would never have dreamed of being able to do a couple of years ago..I had been asked to visit this person the first year we arrived, as it was felt then that they needed encouragement from someone in the church (the year I arrived!!!!)

I get so much encouragement from her, it's just great..& we spend at least 2hrs together..So, discouraged one day, really encouraged the next..we change like the weather..but we have a God who never changes, who never gets fed up with us & never gives up on us!

No comments: