Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

je suis allée visiter mon prof de français!

..elle m'a dit qu'elle suive mon blog! je dois faire attention à ce que je dis!

I went to see my french teacher Marie Anne this afternoon and she told me she follows my blog, so I'd better be careful what I say!

The reason I went to see her were to see if she had any ideas for me to help me with the language..she suggested that I went to see the local priest, who is very well known here in Pessac, & see if he can put me in touch with elderly folks who are on their own, & would like someone to visit.. but they musn't be deaf! cos the idea is to visit, help them & hope that they might help me too;also visit la maison d'associations in the town..everything is an association in france!!

So I'll put myself to this tomorrow!

We had a very agreable afternoon..I arrived just in time for dessert (good timing, tarte au pomme!!) and had a coffee..we sat and chatted generally about all sorts of stuff which was great..Poor Marie Anne! I did tell her that I got tired of her little jokes about the English!! but she encouraged me to go if I want from time to time..I just might.

She gave me loads of seeds to put in our garden..La belle de nuit & la belle du jour I think! They smell very nice & spread like mad, which is just what we want in some areas!

I cycled there & back & it was very pleasant..haven't seen Alan since before lunch, so am really glad we had yesterday together! He has loads of meetings this week with church & fac..it'll be a bit like chips that pass in the fat (Marie Anne if you are reading this there is a saying in English 'ships that pass in the night' ça veut dire tu pars, ton marie vien, il vien tu pars ou quelques choses comme ça! il y a quelques semaines comme ça!)

No comments: