Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 01, 2010

Have spent most of this week feeling very sorry for myself, sniffing, sneezing & head aches..but every one of us has had a cold or sniffles since we got back from the UK! If it's not one it's another, sneezing like mad, so yesterday I wandered up to the pharmacy to see what I could get...

Some vitamins or a tonic please! says I....well the chap bought several choices...some sachets (30) for 22e & some tablets 30 for 12e. Well you can guess which ones I went for, though there aren't enough tablets for everyone! So I thought I'd give it a go to see if I can break the cycle..I have to take 6 a day, & they contain echanacea..

We"ll see. Meanwhile my french teacher has sent me an email, saying she"d be VERY HAPPY to have me back...So I'll get in touch & go round for a coffee as I've been invited!
Several reasons why I'm not that keen, although I need something..

1 It's twice a week, & I can only go once

2 I've been going there now for about 3 yrs & we cover the same stuff..well you have to really cos there are new folks coming all the time

3 By the end of last year both myself & Liz G were very fed up with the digs at the English all the time..She was probably just joking but after the 10th time (we counted up in one lesson!) I was a bit cheesed off!

So, I really do need to progress in the language, so I'll go & chat to her sometime next week..she has her finger in lots of pies here, & has offered to help me (there you go, it must have only been a joke!)

Next week ladies meetings start up again..must try & find a book/study for the English meeting..then my visit to one of the church ladies re starts too..

Today, I have to prepare some food for the club des jeunes at church..for ten..so going to do a chilli with jacket pots, & ice cream to cool them off after!

3 comments:

pippinsmum said...

I don't know if it would be suitable for you, but we are doing Joel Beeke's Contagious Christian Living. Four talks he did at the Aber Conference. Do you have to have then in French though?

Pat said...

it's in English anyway, but is it a book? or cd's?

pippinsmum said...

It's a book,published by Bryntirion press