Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Alan is back from Nimes where he & two others spent the weekend at the Synode.. a good weekend was had by all.
I had my second French class on Thursday..we had to write a text about an image on a postcard we'd been given on Monday..so letting my imagination run wild, I had a wonderful time..& didn't have as many mistakes as I'd expected! I have to add more to it, & then once it's correct, put it in to a book Marie -Anne has kept over the years, with all sorts of stuff she's collected, from students in the past..I have a photo of it, but at the mo having a bit of trouble downloading photos from my phone.

Another year has passed, & 19 years ago on 13 March we both said "I do"..where have the years gone?? They've been wonderful years, & God has blessed me with a loving faithful Godly husband whom I love more than ever! We haven't been out to celebrate..this week has been one of those where it's like ships that pass in the night (or chips that pass in the fat!) Maybe next week??

Catrin & I went to an open day at Lycée François Magendie in Bordeaux( the link doesn't seem to work, not sure why, but if interested just type in the name) ..about 40mins by bus. It has an international section which looks pretty good..Catrin is quite keen to go there, but as it has such a good reputation & is the only one of it's kind in France! places are limited. There is a local collége that has an International section & folks from there get first choice, apart from them, there are only 20 other places! So we have downloaded the application form for Catrin's collége to fill in & she's written a letter of motivation. Because she has good English (!) she may have a good chance of getting in, but there were loads of parents there on Wednesday! Some were British, others French..so we'll see. There is an entrance exam on may 2 at 14h. We were all told to just go along. It consists of an essay of about 250 words..to see how good the English is. Just a general subject like 'who has been the most influential person in your life' or something like that!

We're praying that she'll get in.If not she wants to leave the present collége anyway & look for somewhere els..hmmm

No comments: