Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Catrin's bulletin of notes came yesterday, so Alan & I took the bus to the Lycée to hand in the whole dossier. We were directed to the secretary, knocked on her door & were told "une minute"

Donc, we waited then a few minutes later two women walked out of the office "was that the secretary??" we wondered. So on we waited, I dared to peak into the office, & yes it was empty.

Continued to wait & it wasn't too long before the secretary returned..frankly the rudest French person I have ever met..no "bonjour madame monsieure" no hand shake nothing, just a " Ok so why are you here?" Nice!

Handed in the dossier, told her that on the day of the entrance exam Catrin is on a school trip, so without a word, she goes to hand us back the dossier shaking her head.."er" pipes up Mrs D.."when I came to the open-day someone else mentioned they had the same problem & the teacher said it would be ok for her to do the exam on another day"

"No-one has told me about it, the lyceé has set the day for the exam" bascially tough..which is ok, cos of course they can't go changing things willy-nilly for any tom, dik or harry, but she could have been a bit more polite about it!

We went back downstairs & I went determindley to the reception to ask the name of the teacher who had been at the open day, was given her name & phone number, so phoned twice..second time I got madame secretary! Hmm, looks like we might have to ask for our money back for the school trip..Still, that's ok, coz Catrin has been to Toulouse with us & seen a lot of what is arranged for the students..except the boat trip..maybe we can do this with the dosh we get back..

So, all in God's hands now....just need to chat to the collége

No comments: