The second week of the holiday,we decided to fulfil our promise to Gwilym that he could have Alan's study as his bedroom..it's a lot bigger than where he was before, &has a balcony! I can imagine him sitting out there on a cool summers evening strumming on his guitar!
1March, St David's Day Alan had invited his English class here to eat, so he got ready the main course, & Catrin made the welsh cakes! We watched a great film with Hugh Grant (well, no, he wasn't actually here with us) "The English man who went up a hill, & came down a mountain" It's great fun, poking fun at both the English & the Welsh! & also shows what you can achieve when you work together!
Today I intend to go back to Marie-Anne for french! Mad or what!! Actually, it'll be good for me (to be humiliated..kidding!) I need to get my grammer sorted, & learn new vocab, & meet folks that aren't church folk! It's a good point of contact, & it'll be great to meet folks from all over the world once again! I'm a bit nervous I have to admit.. I know Madame will be breathing down my neck over all my mistakes, but I'm sure it'll be good for me!
later..... just back from my first French lesson for aaaaaages! Oh it was good to be back, never thought I would say that, but it was great to see Marie-Anne again, great to be amongst folks who are non Christian, & even at the end of the first lesson one of the guys thought that being English was the reason I'm protestant! A whole new world is once again open to me! I feel new again! (daft as a brush though!)
We were given a picture to tell a story about..mine was called 'Le trichet' the cheat..4 people playing cards, two blokes & one woman..the other was a girl serving wine..
my story goes like this:
"Madame, did you realise that Monsieur Dupont has two cards hidden behind his back"
"Yes I did, but I know something that he doesn't know"
"What is that madame?""That I have two good cards hidden within my dress!"
"Oh la la madame you are just incredible"
"Yes I know, & I also know something else that no one knows"
"Yes madame?"
"There's some guy, opposite us who seems to be painting our portaits"
Well, there you go, une petite histoire! Let your imagination run riot says the teacher..& we didn't have very long..maybe I can embellish it a bit more before Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment