Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bit of a quiet time on the old blog again..my friendly back has been doing me proud lately in causing me grief twice in three weeks! I have a herniated disc, found way back in 2008, & it's reared it's ugly head once again. About 3 weeks ago we were getting ready for church when I bent down to retrieve a scarf from the floor, when severe pain shot across my back..Catrin was there to hold me up as I was about to faint,& felt rather sick( though thankfully did neither, tho it scared her for a bit) So managed to get onto the bed..Catrin stayed with me whilst the others trotted off..thankfully I didn't need the loo the whole morning. We called the doctor out Monday morning by which time I was able to get up & make it to the loo unaided, though it took a long time! I was given medication..muscle relaxants & pain killers..by the middle of the week I was up & about! Amazed was I, however..sitting at this computor doing this very thing (blogging) I stood up & off it went again! It hadn't felt right since the first time anyway... Alan had to be my walking frame to get me to bed where again I felt rather yuk.. started immediately with the potions, & was ok to get up to the loo, until Saturday morning (it was last Friday) So thankfully we had bought the you-know- what in 2008..but after some rest I'm up & about again. I have 4 courses of physio, had one Tuesday, have another this Friday then two next week..may need more who knows. It's a problem that my doc told me cheerfully that can recur at any time, so to watch out..last resort is to have the troublesome disc removed! hmm.....so now I'm going to get up v-e-r-y slowly!

No comments: