This afternoon Club de Paques went well..we had 8 kids, most of them from outside the church, & also who had been to the previous clubs..one of them bought two cousins with him (I think) So it was great..the youngest were 3 &4 years old!!
Martine one of the ladies, has some amazing eggs, made of tough plastic I think, & they open..inside she has put small items that tell the story of Easter..money, morsel of bread with a tiny plastic goblet, red piece of material, several with images inside:donkey, 3 men, one with a little wooden cross, one with a crown of thorns..really good way to tell the Easter story, though I think we need to do it in a different way, tell it without reading it & perhaps let the kids touch & look more closely at the things... we were sat in a circle & not all the kids could see the things..but on the whole a very effective way of recounting the real meaning of Easter.
There were games of course, some new ones which were a bit complicated & perhaps a bit too old for most of the kids..activities..making pom-pom chicks, painting polystirein eggs & making daffodils out of egg boxes & card..
Just for two hours this afternoon was great! Maybe opening the way up for a Saturday afternoon club once in a while..
I wasn't actually involved as such cos of my back, but wandered around seeing where I was needed & stuff
Praying that something of what was said today will touch the hearts of these youngsters, some of whom go to a Spanish protestant church..Others who were neighbours of Harriette.
Tomorrow we're all going to Anglade..hopefully the children will take guitar & flute..they don't have anyone to play for them there, so it'll be a treat to have music whilst we sing!

No comments:
Post a Comment