Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Exciting Friday

Well, Alan & I went in to Bordeaux, to help wrap gifts for people outside a certain sports shop in big shopping mal, in support of Alter Action, a charity set up by folk in our church to help an orphanage in Bulgaria.

We went for 2 hrs..After about 1/2 hr I suppose, Alan went for a wander only for 10mins. So I did a bit of deep breathing (it'll be ok...don't panic..)

A lady came over with a huge garden chair (folding, in a canvas bag) so l deftly pulled off some paper, and it was only just big enough!! (phew) so I wrapped it..

Some one else came along with a parka jacket, furry hood and all!! Managed that ok, just as Alan pulled up alongside!

Then another lady bought a pool/football table (not sure which and not full size, though it was certainly big enough) and wanted the handle left free for ease, understandably..so a bit of jiggery pokery and it was done...

Fun!I quite enjoyed it...

Then trying to get back to get the children from school...tram/bus strike!
Well we knew it was on before we left for Bordeaux, but I suppose we didn't reckon on it actually taking place, so seriously!

We couldn't get back to Pessac, so had to ring the calvary, that came bounding over the hill to the rescue (Thanks again Ben!!)

No comments: