Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Anne

Left a comment on my blog about my back and I noticed on her blog that she had a link to Maidenbower baptist church in Crawley..what a small world! I was converted under the ministry of Austin Walker many years ago, and so have many happy memories of Crawley Reformed baptist church as it was then!

It's wonderful the people that God puts in our way...I had moved from the nurses home where I had been living, into a house with a lovely Christian friend Mary (who is stilll lovely!) and through her witness and the work of the Spirit through God's servant Austin, became a Christian..

Through his ministry and the love and fellowship of the church, I learnt so much..It was a privilege to become good friends with Aus and Mai, and saw the joys and difficulties of being a minister and wife, little knowing that I was to marry a minister later on..those years with Aus and Mai were good preparation!and remembered with loads of love and fondness

I was one of the "Crawley girls" Mary, myself Rachel Alison, Julie, Helen..

So if you're ever in Crawley West Sussex, look them up..I'm not that good at doing the 'link' thing with my blog, but who knows, maybe I'll be able to get one going??

Thanks Anne for that reminder though, and if you're 'watching'..were you once a member there?

1 comment:

Ann said...

I hope you don't mind, I've put a link to your blog in my sidebar.
Not sure if the other comment re Austin and Mai arrived ...