Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 10, 2007

Our task today, should we decide to accept it..

Was to go into Bordeaux (my French class that is) and go to the tourist office and ask for information regarding things to see around Bordeaux..

Well, I got there just before 2pm and waited outside the Grande Theatre..went to the Christmas market for a looksie, and then back to the Grande Theatre, still no one there..So I went to the tourist office on my own and asked for a map of the place, and if there was a post office near by..then back to the Grande Theatre..

"I know", thinks I, "I'll just check at the tram stop just in case they are waiting there.".

Lo and behold, there were two of my colleagues who had been there for at least 20 mins waiting!!

Anyway, it was back to the tourist office so they could ask for stuff, and then go see one of the sights..just outside the tourist office!!

It was chucking it down with rain and it was very tempting to get on a tram and head home there and then, but we bravely stuck it out and I took a few pictures just to prove we had been there!

We have to then look on the internet to fiind out more info, it would have saved a lot of leg work and bother if we had just done that, but then it wouldn't have been so much fun..

We went and had a coffee..where? McDonalds!!! I kept trying to get people to go to a genuine café, but they are a bit more expensive..still inside the Mc.D here, they have a bit of a posh coffee shop, so I had a proper chocolat chaud, in a proper cup!

Then home for a pleasant evening with one of my colleagues who came back for a meal..

No comments: