Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I went to a fete yesterday

I found the apartment fairly quickly, as it is some where familiar, and we used to pass them when we lived in Villenave, taking the children to school in Pessac.

I stood outside, and phoned, cos I wasn't sure what no. it was, but no answer! I tried about 5 times (determined that I would go!) Drove away just to check that I had got the right place, and that there were no other apartment 'H'..tried the phone again...came back, listened outside for anything I might reckognise, and heard music!'Ahha' I thought, and followed my ears, and low and behold there it was!

They are a very noisy bunch you know (I'm saying this cos I know layla reads my blog!!!) they were obviously enjoying themselves, music and dance..and arabic food! yum yum!

I got my hand painted! It was green at first, so I was a bit worried but rubbed it off and was left with this..I quite like it! Alan isn't too sure.

I guess it was part of the muslim festival where they celebrate the sacrifice God provided instead of Abrahams son..

It reminds us of God sending the perfect sacrifice, 'The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world' Jesus Christ.

It's been really cold today, and the sky is quite white..I wondered if we would have snow??
Posted by Picasa

No comments: