Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 16, 2009

new additions

Catrin has been wanting a guinea pig for a while now, since the lovely rats have gone (I would love to have another rat, but I don't think rats and guinea pigs would get on very well) So we went to a splendid pet shop today..They had gorgeous rats (quite a few, in one cage, male and female..been there, done that..ratty had been in a cage with a male and two weeks later....)
They had mice,hamsters, ferrets birds, and some puppies!! I loved them all, and wanted to bring them all home but sense prevailed, and we only got two guinea pigs..
The white one is called Daisy (though I wanted to call her Charlie, Daisy is probably better) and the black one(yes she is there!) Catrin has named Rosie.

So we have to leave them in the cage for at least a week before handling them, but we can stroke them, so they get used to us.

We had guinea pigs once before, when Gwilym was 3yrs. He had just been in to hospital to have his tonsils & adenoids removed, and so we called the pigs Tonsil & Adenoid..original eh!

No comments: