and how to get it wrong!
Yesterday afternoon was Catrin's flute lesson. We arrived in time, but the teacher wasn't there, so being brave I went to the office and said"Je trouve Katellel "(teacher's name) "Oui, elle est dans la salle dehors" (yes, she is in the room outside..they have an indoor section, and for some lessons you have to go outside to go in to other rooms) They looked at me rather oddly when I said "mais, elle ne pas la"
Well I know that my French is very dodgy (someone at church told me I should speak French with Alan, cos he speaks it very well!!) So when another teacher said to me 'vous avez trouvez Katelle?" I realised, that instead of saying 'I can't FIND Katelle, I had said "I have FOUND Katelle" No wonder they looked at me oddly, they must have wondered whereI had found her!! In the car park perhaps?? doh!
Still, it gave me & Catrin something to laugh at while waiting for Alan who had a trombone lesson at the same time as Catrin's lesson...

No comments:
Post a Comment