as well as some very silly sketches (thanks to Ben & Liz, who both had the whole gang of us in an uproar!! thanks go especially to Mr Bean!) we had some serious stuff too.. Alan had the lot of us singing Welsh songs! much to the confusion of everyone..'what's all this about red goats??'(not sure that that comes under the serious stuff actually, but every one gave it some welly!) see above I have posted a video of everyone singing it!
Catrin played flute with her dad for the first time ever! It went really well, and I have to say that I'm very proud of her!
Just before mid night, we spent some time in God's word..Sammy read from Psalm 138, a great psalm to start the new year
"The LORD will fulfil his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD endures for ever
do not abandon the works of your hands"
then we spent some time in prayer, thanking God for the year gone, His faithfulness in times of joy and difficulty, and praying with conviction that He will continue to be with us in the new year ahead.
After giving everyone a big hug, we settled down to watch Prince Caspian..by now it was about 1.30 am! We finally called it quits after about an hour..Gwilym was nodding off and several folks had gone, we finally got home around 3.15 after cleaning up.
Needless to say we didn't arise this morning til about 11ish!
The new year is always awesome for me..it's like starting a new excercise book, with a whole new page ready to be written on..and I wonder what the Lord has in store for us this year.. I know that whatever it is,we can have confidence in the fact that He is faithful and just and will be with us, and in fact has gone before us!
I pray that you all with have this same confidence..

No comments:
Post a Comment