I led the study at the ladies meeting..in French!
We are looking at a book about the ladies in the Bible.
I decided that Job's wife would be interesting, and so spent nearly two weeks reading the chapter, getting to grips with the language!
We don't actually know much about her, except the words she says to Job' curse God & die' and we don't really know if she was a believer cos the Bible doesn't say.
Sometimes I think we forget that the folks in the bible were human well, I do.
We read the accounts of these folks, sometimes without really considering the fact that they have the same feelings as us, so that when Job suffered, so did his wife.
How would we react if we lost every thing, in one day???
We talked about Job's reaction, how he continued to trust in God throughout the awful trial he went through.
We found that it isn't sinful to be troubled by the difficulties, or wrong to ask God "Why"
We read psalm 139, which tells us that God knows all things, and that every day of our lives is planned for us, before even one of them happens...
We talked about how God can use the bad times for our good, even though at the time we may not realise it..how do you say that to some one who has lost a child.well you don't! You say nothing, but just be with them.
The talk really was about Job, and his faith, how in all of it he trusted God and in it all, he didn't sin..
The thing about Job's wife was that although she was so ripped apart by it all, she didn't dessert Job.She was still with him at the end, and you so often hear of families who split up because of something terrible..but inspite of all she remained faithful..
Well, that's what I hope I said! It as the shortest meeting so far, we had plenty of time at the end to pray..
I love psalm 139, read it!

No comments:
Post a Comment