Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sometimes I feel a bit sad..

...when I realise that the children are growing up, and that my role as a mum is changing, except there are still some things that will probably never change..at least until they leave home

"Mum, where"s my agenda, it was in my room"
"When did you have it last"
"yesterday when I was doing my homework, if I don't find it, I won't know what homework I have"
"have you looked under the bed, how about down the side of the bed where things disappear"
"It's not there"
"well yesterday, you did some of your homework in the sitting room! look under the couch"...


"Mum, where is that play station game, someone has put it away (no wonder it's difficult to find!!! how unusual)

"O it's ok, I've got it"

So still useful for somethings eh??!!
Useful for being a shoulder to rest your head on, useful to be there when you've been on your own all day cos you're spreading your wings a bit and becoming a bit more independant, but then you feel lonely, useful for big hugs too..nah, somethings will never change..

1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds very familiar!