Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

crazy days

This afternoon, Catrin had flute 3.30, James was coming and needed picking up from the airport at 4.30, Gwilym had football at 5pm!!

James is here working with the UFM team for a month..he's at Bible college in Ireland and is taking time here to work with students, and see what goes on.

Alan & I went to get him, and as time was creeping on, Alan left me at the airport whilst he took Gwilym to footie..Carol & Rachelle F. were there too meeting someone from the States (pastor's wife & daughter) who thought it really weird that I should be there to meet a friend of theirs too (I explained that I wasn't, but was there to meet James!!)

'Do you know him'

'No, never seen him before in my life but apparently he is very tall, has dark hair with a quiff'

So we scoured all the youngish chaps who came into arrivals, thinking 'hmm, is he British? ahh, now he could be'

A very tall chap came out, his hair had a slight quiff..'that's him!' says Carol 'he's definitely British, & he's tall'

so I just went up "are you James" asked I ""yes" "hooray!! I got the right one!"

We hung around a bit waiting for Alan to come & get us (Gwilym's footie had been cancelled?!)
We came home chatting all the way, & then my friend Rhian who comes for a cuppa every wed. arrived sometimes we go to her house) So we chatted, and about 7pm I thought I'd better get tea going, prayer meeting 8.30...
Shout of horror from the bedroom (Alan packing..off to UK tomorrow) "Oh no, the prayer meeting starts at 8pm (it was now 7.45!!!)

"Here's your tea James, afraid you'll have to eat it in the car on the way, really nice to meet you! bye"

No comments: