Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 21, 2009

This afternoon, Fiona, James & some students went down to the quay to do portraits, give out tracts & writing of names in Chinese script. Catrin & I went down to see what was happening (Gwilym was elsewhere with a friend)

A good number of students turned up, some were sitting on the grass singing a few christian songs. There were 4 chaps near by playing the bongos, so Fiona & James went over to say hallo, and ended up having quite a good discussion I think.

One or two folks were waiting to have their portraits done, several came & had their names written in Chinese script...It seemed like there was a fair bit of interest..we had to leave, so I don't know how many tracts were given out, but there were loads of people around.

This afternoon, Catrin & I were treated to the cinema by my dear friend Layla..we saw "Night at the museum 2" In french (our french teacher will be so proud of us!) We both understood most of it, often it was the "asides" one speaking to another quietly, that we didn't always get.;but it was great fun. I think it is quite important to see the first one though, so you get the feeling of it..

This evening we were invited round to Liz's house to watch a film & eat scrummy home made pizza!

I tried to make them myself last week..the first lot were OK, except I made the mistake of using ketchup for the topping..it was too sweet.

The second lot I used tinned tommys, which was great , but the middle of the pizza was soggy! the outsides were OK, it was just as you got into the middle! Think it maybe cos I put too much topping, so, yes I am going to try again sometime, and not put so much on! After all, they taste so much better than shop bought ones.

Well only 6 days left til Alan comes home!!

No comments: