Well, we didn't bother to go into town to see the spectacle,it was quite a hot day, although later the sky turned a very strange colour! I thought we were in for a ripping storm, but only a few claps of thunder & a few flashes of lightening then it was all over!
Today we went to church & were a bit short on the ground, but having said that there weren't that many empty chairs..Several faces that we hadn't seen for a while filled the chairs of those who had gone away for the weekend with the church.
I was doing the garderie with Gwilym, & I have to say, that my french accent leaves a lot to be desired! I hear myself reading, & cringe! Still at least the kids didn't walk out in disgust!
This evening was the International Church service, and as the Griffin's car is out of service again (see Liz's blog) the Griffin's & the Davey's stayed at the church for lunch, otherwise it would have been the Griffin bunch going back & forward on the tram all day, &it takes about an hour to get to the church by tram..So it was rather nice, not having to rush home, then grab lunch, then charge out again! We spent the afternoon playing silly games, and then I took the little griffs home, whilst Ben hid in Sammy's office to look over his sermon notes. Gwilym & Catrin wrestled with Josh..
Ben spoke about Mary & Martha, and to me it was a real challenge again, the need to spend time with God every day, & the fact that so often other things crowd in, and by the end of the day, you realise that yet again, you haven't spent time listening & speaking with the One who made me & cares for me so much that he sent his one & only son into the world to die for me..
There was a great illustration he used, about someone he knows, who has a chair in his office, and he promises himself that he will not go past the chair until he has spent time with the Lord..I have a chair in my bedroom...maybe I should take a leaf out of this chaps book....

No comments:
Post a Comment