Gwilym started his stage at Chateau Pape Clement on Monday at 11am-12.30, 2pm-5pm& came home absolutely shattered! He'd been moving heavy crates of bottles all over and was so tired he felt ill! Anyway, the next day I made sure he had a good breakfast, cereal & egg on toast, & of course a good cuppa! He was better the next evening, and this evening he was almost singing..he had been on the phone taking orders from Brits!
His teacher came today to see how he was getting on, and also to tell him how well he is doing at school..he is third in the class!! Not only that, he is the only boy up there in the three! "Hey mum, I'm a geek! good eh!"
We are so pleased! It has really helped his confidence, especially as they are really pleased with his French too, which is one of the things he has been struggling with!
Last saturday was the Anglican Christmas carol service,there must have been about 200 folks if not more! It was great to see so many, & to have a vicar give such a clear message about the giving of the Lord Jesus Christ..& our personal response.
The choir managed to get through all the pieces reasonably well..We started off with
"Once in Royal David's City" I have sung the alto before, but can only remember my own version, which seems to work ok, but we had the 'official' which we practised in the afternoon with all the others..well, when we came to sing it officially, I'd left my sheet on my chair as we'd gone to stand on the stage! Made my friend Mairje laugh, cos well, I had to open my folder where I had all the music, and just pretend I had it in front of me..the bits of the alto that were different from my version I just mimed!!
Handles "Lift up your heads" was first on the programme & it went very well, I was pleased to be able to sing most of the "gloria, gloriiiiiiiaaaas" without too much trouble.
The "Shepherds farewell" was good too... I got completely lost in 'The Jesus Child" though, lost verse 4, and tried to fake it whilst hunting through the pages (yep, I was at the front as well!) Eventually found the way!
"What cheer?" was the last one of the evening, and the music teacher explained to the folks that 'the choir are not used to the strange harmonies(tell me about it!) but they will do their best" It was a bit of a dogs dinner, but I at least sighed with relief when that one was over!
During the evening the children had their spot..they sung a lovley song "Christmas isn't Christmas til it's Christmas in your heart" It was lovley..then suddenly two of the men from the choir put an enormous bale of hay on the stage in front of us 'that's it, I'm being haunted by huge guinea pigs!! but no, of course not..It was part of the Christmas story, of Mary & Joseph coming to Bethelhem on a donkey...
It was a great time, & pray that lots of folks will have taken something of the real meaning of Christmas away with them..along with the booklet that was being given out called "The Gift"
Sunday, I got a surprise text from our neighbour in front to say she wanted to come to church & what time were we leaving!! So I ran round, got no answer on the door so phoned to tell her we would be leaving in half an hour..
So she came with her two boys! They were so good, it was amazing..it's often difficult for little ones to understand what's going on, and to sit still, especially if they aren't used to going to Church...I think the 4yr old got through at least 4 clemetines, he had me pealing them for him!
Alan spoke on the genealogy of Jesus, and about those who were included..ie: Rahab..a prostitute! Ruth who was a gentile and others too..& the fact that God accepts anyone who comes to him, & will never turn anyone away!
Our neighbour says she will come again next week (her boys are with dad all week up to Christmas day, so she is on her own all that week)
Please pray for her, that she will find her all in all in him, who promises to never leave or forsake his people.
I have been reunited at last with my tooth!! Hooray! Went this morning, and it felt as if he was trying to push it through the top of my head! but it's ok so far..told me to be careful when I eat butties, & pommes! I told him I cut up pommes anyway..
We are off to a party at the British consul tomorrow pm..the Anglican choir are invited each year, and as we are now part of it, we get to go too!! wow!
Well it's past midnight..we had a little party for Liz Richards who will be 21 on21December..it was good fun, she is off to the UK on Friday, that's why we had it today!
Tired but happy!

No comments:
Post a Comment