Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 31, 2006

..Phew!

...Catrin's first day at school went really well! What a relief, and of course, a real answer to prayer. Her new teacher sounds great "and she doesn't shout" Catrin said, even if you get something wrong, like a lad did apparently.

I had to tell the teacher, that we had sent back Catrin's school report, as she had been asking for it, then had to see the headmistress.

I needed to ask if it was ok for Catrin to miss 3 days of school the week before half term.

I have to say that I was a bit worried, cos I never know if I'm going to be understood, understand any answers, or indeed anything: but it was okay should have more confidence!!

One of the mums who we have talked to in the past, said she thought my French had improved, so that really is a complement!!

I think after I had asked her if Catrin could be absent for a few days for our conference, she said she would tell Catrin's teacher. She said it was ok anyway. So I think I managed ok!


I said it was a conference for Pastors! Well, I didn't like to use the word missionaries, and couldn't think of another appropriate word!! Ho hum!!

I do like Madame Pavone, she takes time with you, even though you know she is busy. She sat down and asked how the children were, how Gwilym felt about going to collége, and about our new house.

She is looking for a new house as well!

Tomorrow Catrin is in school from 8.30. Today was a bit of a treat, she didn't start til 9.30.

Monday, Gwilym goes to collége first day 9.00, then every day after that, 8am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwilym, you haven't posted in ages, and now that you're at college, you will be quite busy. However, it would be nice to hear how you get on over the first few weeks, if you can find the time.

Pat, I can't get into Gwilym's blog to leave him this message as I don't have a blog of my own. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to pass the message on.

Thanks