Some of our holiday was spent in Cardiff with Alan's family, and we had a great time. This picture is taken in Cardiff bay, and we had a fun time exploring one or two of the sights made famous (or perhaps I should say even more famous) by the Dr. Who series
Recognise this? Dr. Who's tardis landed in front of this in the episode when a nuclear power station was planned to be built there.
It's huge!! The water wasn't going when we first arrived, but it started very weakly after a while.
We were told that they were to start filming the series"Torchwood" that day, and so we waited round in great anticipation, but nothing happened, so we got fed up and decided to visit the Dr Who exhibition over the road, and look later.
The exhibition was ok, not as big as I'd expected, but you could see all the old Drs. and I remembered even William Hartnell, shows how old I am!
When we came out we looked back at the fountain, just in case, we think we saw"Captain Jack" arriving, but thought it would probably be another couple of hours before anything started so we went home. It was lovely to be back in Cardiff, it didn't last long enough really to see around it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment