Well today Alan and I went to the opticians, as I'm in desperate need of new specs! I'd had my eyes tested in the UK last summer, mainly cos I thought it would be easier language wise!
So, took my prescription, and it is the same format as here (thankfully, there is about 6-12months waiting list to see the opthalmologist for the eye examination!)
So I will be able to pick them up next Wed, which seems pretty good to me! The lady had to put a new nose bit on, you know the plastic bit what goes on the side of the bridge of the specs, and she said she would have straightened them too, only she was too scared they would break!
Well, I held out as long as I could! They are quite expensive, not sure how much they are in the UK now , but I get a pair of prescription sunglasses too..
So, I just hope they are OK!!! We should get most of the money back from the insurance.
I have just finished glossing the loo door, knew you'd be interested! but at least that's one room I can cross of my list..now it's just the 3 bedrooms, the bathroom, paint Gwilym and Catrin's bedrooms........

1 comment:
It must be the time of year to paint and decorate! I'm interested!
Post a Comment