Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2007

A life saved..

This is the bird feeder we have hanging in our garden and it's lovely, cos lots of birds use it and pirch on the little metal bird and peck away at whatever is in it.

Tonight it was nearly a death trap for some poor unsuspecting little bird, I think it might have been a green finch..

There obviously wasn't enough food in it, and so he had tried to get at the bread, by pushing his head through the bars.. I was in the dining room and heard a little squawk and Gwilym shouted "mum!, a bird had his head caught in between the bars"



Like a young gazelle, Gwilym leapt through the window and I charged into the kitchen threw open the kitchen door, only it was locked, and dived outside to stretch the thing, and thankfully the little chap flew away (the bird, not Gwilym)



We were so pleased, it would have been pretty awful to find the little bird there later! phew!



Consequently I have re-filled it, so that the bread bulges out of the sides..

Not sure if we'll see that little chap again in a hurry although I wouldn't have a clue if we did!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't life funny. There you are saving rats, birds and probably other forms of life too. Here we are a veritable house of 'murder' as our monster cat brings home mice and birds. She even caught a rabbit the other day but let it go again because it struggled too much. I tell her she's very naughty in my very firmest teacher voice but she is either very hard hearted and disobedient or perhaps she doesn't understand.

Pat said...

i used to have a cat, who would wander down the garden path proudly clutching a pigeon in her mouth!!

I think the poor rat has had a cva, if rats have them, she is still hanging on, poor thing although she doesn't seem to be in pain, she doesn't squeek when we pick her up,but she lifts her head when I speak to her. aww!she is so cute