Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 10, 2008

excitment at the Association Saige

Went to my French class today, to find everyone standing outside the building..

Where's the fire?

No fire, but a group of youths had tried to ram a van through one of the windows and break in to the safe..Not sure how successful they were (didn't understand that bit) but now it's closed for a couple of weeks..

It isn't a new thing either..when we are in the classes, these lads come in to the building, set off the fire alarms for fun, wreck the publicity on the stands, and are rude to the people who work there...

It's a centre that it used by a lot of people to learn language (like me) to get help for social problems ie:reading and writing skills and such like..but now it's closed until further notice...

It's a centre that should have facilities for lads like those who wrecked it, but no one knows what to do with them, or for them. The same problem all the world over.

They need to be occupied!

Never the less, we still had our French class. We went to Maire Ann's house, which was super, and a spitting distance away from Gwilym's collége, so perfect for me.

This week is a week of prayer, and there are meetings in different parts of Bordeaux.So tonight, as Alan is at the centre, Ben phoned to see if I wanted to go, and he would look after Gwilym and Catrin..

Brill, I thought (Alan had said he wasn't sure that I would go, cos of finding my way to the church in Villenave..I thought, "what d'you mean, we go there every week, I can easily find my way there")

Wish I'd said that..I got to the place where we meet every week, ten minutes early..no one there, no sign of anyone there, every thing locked up..surely someone would have unlocked at least!!

Phoned Liz just for a chin wag while waiting, and she checked the address..totally different place!!

I just came home, although probably would have found it with the gps, although that takes time to warm up! I think it's near where we used to live in Villenave!

Still it'll give Alan a laugh as it did me, and at least it gave me chance to get out a bit, well, to drive on the Rocad anyway!!!

No comments: