Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I was talking to the children the other day about the awful habit of drug addiction when we saw on the TV a famous singer has just gone in to rehab, to try and sort herself out..poor woman.. Even though she seems to have every thing, money, fame a nice flat...

I suppose it's a little like, when I was at school, I used to smoke, because my friends did.. it was the "done thing" and of course you don't want to lose face amongst your friends..or drink, to escape the awful loneliness you feel, even though you're surrounded by people....

something is missing....

It made me think of all the sins we commit, and how like a drug habit, they cling to us, and we can't get rid of them.. how sometimes we don't want to get rid of them either because if the truth be known, we enjoy them..how they keep popping up time and again..and yet how dreadful we feel afterwards..

What a wretched person I am, but thanks be to God who has rescued us from all sin... and we can do all things through Him who saves us!

No comments: