Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 24, 2008

"You are the light of the world.
A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" Matt.5 v14

Before I became a Christian, I lived with a girl (who remains a very good friend) who was.
There was her, me and another girl.

Myself and the other girl had no interest in the bible or God at all, and you could tell that by our life style!

But there was something about my Christian friend... something different. She had a sort of peace about her that was very attractive in the turmoil and stresses of life in general..

She began inviting me to church, "yeah yeah"... but one day, cos I felt guilty, and sorry for her, after all she had asked me so many times, I decided to go along.

I don't remember much about the first few sermons at all, something in Leviticus I think!!
But eventually I began to find out more about this peace she had and the difference between us...

It was like the preacher had a camera in my room, in my house..how did he know I was like this?? The sermons from the pulpit were probing and sorting out my dreadful thoughts and my black heart.

Eventually, I found peace with God, forgiveness for my sins in the death and resurrection of His son Jesus..and the peace that my friend had, was now mine!

I write this, so that people who may be living with unbelievers can take encouragement ..sometimes your actions speak a lot louder than words!!

I was speaking to some one the other day who lives in a house with several folk who have no interest at all in the gospel..It's a real struggle for her..

Just by being different though, speaks volumes to some! So don't be discouraged.

I say this to myself too, cos knowing myself (although of course God knows me better) I know the daily struggles with sin.and go to a French class where folks do not believe in the forgiveness of a loving God...

Pray that we will all be lights in this dark world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your friend was a real life example of what it means to be a christian. i was really encouraged and challenged when I read your post.
Ann