Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 04, 2008

...nearly a translator!

This morning I had a phone call from some one who had got my phone number from one of the tutors at the association where I do my French..She was looking for someone to translate a 25 page scenario into English. She is the manager (I think)of a company that puts on historic plays for children of different ages, and gets them to dress up in the costumes and re in act some historic event..sounds wonderful, wish I could have learnt history like that!

much better (or an aid ) to learning in the class room..

She has hundreds of costumes in her house, I'd love to visit and have a go!!

Anyway, she wants translation into teen language, and we have problems understanding the 'slang' in French..also I think she wanted American? and again that is so different from English..So we hope to get in contact with some one who will be able to help

Shame really I quite fancied the idea, although it would have taken me all year to do the work!!

She is coming to our French class on Thursday, so we get to do a bit of acting there!!Should be great..

This afternoon we had tea with our lovely friend, and tomorrow we have lunch with some friends of the same name as us!

We stumbled across them some time ago when we went to a park,we saw a B&B run by someone of the name Davey.. we thought "that doesn't sound very French"
so we contacted and emailed each other for a while but lost touch..

We met again at the Christmas bazaar!! We did wonder if they were long lost relatives, but don't think they are..It'll be lovely to chat..

No comments: