and I cut... and I cut! Once I got going I just couldn't stop.. this is the result of three trees that I had a go at..you'd probably have to click on the picture to see more clearly, but the three in the picture were nearly the same size as the ones to the side of the photo!(I still need to trim off the 'bits', and we will eventually remove the trunks, or perhaps make a feature of them?)
Alans comment "If you don't want to kill them all off, I would leave the other trees with their side branches on"(after raising his eyebrows in surprise, although perhaps the word surprise is a bit weak for what he was feeling at the time)
I have to say that I was amazed at what I had done! I was like a women possessed! I was chuckling away to myself that night..Alan had said he wanted to get a chain saw...do we really need one, once I get going????

3 comments:
Pruning / chopping, I always tend to overdo it, I've not killed anything I wanted to keep yet. We finally succeeded - we hope, to destroy the wisteria growing up the front of the house, into Becky's bedroom , it's even pulled the drainpipe from the wall.
Ann
in our garden in Deeside,, we had a huge lavender bush. On the gardeners world on the radio, it said to prune it really well, and it would grow back again the following year...so I did...and it died!
I've killed lavender too. I think you have to trim it really, not as far as the old wood.
The steps to our front door get cut off by an enormous Lavender sometimes. They smell gorgeous when you brush past, though I'm not a fan of Lavender, the smell indoors reminds me of the smell of Heminevrin we used to give to the alcoholic patients when I was nursing!
Ann
Post a Comment