well that's over til Monday! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my French class, and the teacher is just great, and very interesting..
I handed in my written work, "did you get someone to correct this for you"was her first remark!!
No-one had corrected it for me, I got Alan to read it over and comment on it for me, and then re wrote it, but any mistakes there had been were not the verb conjugations!! I usually forget to put an 's' on the end of a word when the thing is plural, and this I had done again
but I was really pleased that the slogging away at the verbs had paid off at last..and so I continue!
We have some very interesting people in my class. One from Bahrain, another from India today.
The one from Bahrain is a Muslim, and today is a day of mourning, for the son of their prophet, who was killed..It seemed a long and complicated story, but interesting..in some countries they beat themselves during the day, in remembrance of him..a bit strange and she seemed to think it totally unnecessary!!( as of course do I!!) It's not a general practise any more, unless you want to !?
We talked generally about wars, and how many are done in the name of God...
I mean what do you say to that, it's so often true....
It was a really nice time, and I have to say that I prefer it when it is the teachers house! more cosy, and today we even had a cup of tea!

No comments:
Post a Comment