Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

new year's eve

The evening started at 8.30, and was great!

Everyone bought some food and drink..a couple of salads, then some sauces (la daube)to go with some rice..we had a chicken dish, beef bourg. and a pork dish..plenty of rice too.

Then some delicious desserts! and some chocolate to finish off..

One of the things so different here, is that everyone eats about 8pm and so the children don't go to bed before 9pm..so it can be quite difficult, especially if you have got your children in to such a good routine of going to bed about 7pm... (as we had in the uk,well about 8pm for ours as they are a bit older now, and so have the Griffins)
We often hear out next door neighbours son playing football in the garden about 9.30pm in the summer months..I wonder how they cope with such late nights and early mornings!! Though Gwilym now being 13 probably won't be that happy with going to bed at 8pm much longer, although he is usually very ready for it!

Considering this the Griffin children were super, and Josh was very happy to tell me that it was waaaaay past his bed time! although I haven't spoken to Liz this morning!!!

I was the compere! such fun, just as well I don't mind making a fool of myself! and just as well everyone is so patient,but it was good fun

We were entertained by Joseph playing some jazz on his trumpet, Ben G. juggling, helped by Gwilym (I thought I'd taken photo's of it but it turns out I didn't!)

Followed by a few sketches provided by Carol, and then Patrick Martine and family...

The general atmosphere was super, and we had a great room to use, that belongs to the Lycée, for which Patrick works..it's where the students eat lunch so was fully equipped with all that we needed!!

The evening was finished off with a funny film, which we stopped at midnight, to say Happy new year to each other (no singing of Auld lang zine sadly.. visions of kilts and bag pipes come to mind..does that still go on on the BBC I wonder??)

Then a time of prayer committing the New Year to the Lord of the years knowing that" In all things God works for the good of those who love Him"

....the best way to enter a new year, knowing that we go hand in hand with Him!

We arrived home about 2.30, and got up about 11 am!

Wishing you God's richest blessing in the new year ahead...

No comments: