Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How firm a foundation
ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word.
What more can he say,
than to you He has said
You who unto Jesus for refuge
have fled.

In every condition
in sickness in health,
In poverty's veil
or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad,
on the land or the sea
as days may demand
shall thy strength ever be.

"When through the deep waters
I cause thee to go,
the rivers of woe shall not thee
over flow,
for I shall be with thee,
in trouble to bless,
and sanctify to thee
thy deepest distress."

"When through fiery trials
thy pathways shall lie,
My grace all sufficient shall be thy
supply,
the flames shall not hurt thee,
I only design
thy dross to consume
and thy gold to refine."

"The soul that on Jesus
has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to it's foes,
That soul though all hell should endeavour
to shake
I'll never no never no never forsake"

One of my favourite hymns, sorry if the words are not completely correct, it's from memory...
.

No comments: