I so nearly got it all right, I could spit!
Each week, our French teacher likes us to write a little histoire in French for her to look at and to help us with our writing etc. So in the car just outside the building, I wrote something really quickly.. If only I'd read it over!
She looked at in class, gave it to me and said 'correct it straight away' so I did, sans problém! I knew exactly where I'd gone wrong!! argghhhh!!!!
So, our little oven has given up the ghost..At the club Gwilym goes to at church, the parents supply the gouté.. So I decided to make two cakes.. they were so burnt on the bottoms I couldn't understand it!
I noticed the next day that a pizza was taking forever to cook..the top element has given up..It's just a small oven on the top of the work top..we decided that we didn't need a full oven..as we have a slow cooker that I use loads...
It took Alan ages to find one with two shelves! but find one he did..
It looks like the hunt is on again
Meanwhile we eat frozen stuff defrosted in the nuke, and any thing that can be done in the slow cooker..which is quite a lot really, except sausages, fish fingers chips..all the stuff that the hearts of the children yearn for..
the spectacle continues.. I have to go in to my French class now each Thursday and Friday to rehearse! The show is on May 20..I hope I can get a "wedding" dress in time!

No comments:
Post a Comment