Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 06, 2010

The problem with having a blog

Is that you are supposed to blog something each day, to keep your readers reading, and make it interesting! Not sure if I have any readers anyway, and if so, sorry if it's boring!

The other Sunday, Alan was preaching from John 3v 16 & 17 and the one thing that has stuck with me is this

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world
but to save the world through him"

So often we tell folks that they need to be saved, cos we are sinners, and have sinned against a holy God.. all so true..but one thing I often forget to say is that Jesus didn't come to condemn us (we were already) but to save us from that condemnation, why? because he loves us!

It often happens doesn't it, that when you read a passage often it becomes so familiar, but there are times when the Holy Spirit takes that familiar verse, and it hits you between the eyes as if you had never seen it before!
Fantastic!

1 comment:

allotmentbore said...

I read it and it`s not boring. Blogging is hard work though, and I`m having a break.
Loved your point :)
I don`t know you but I`ve heard of you from Izzy and Liz. Hope you don`t mind me reading.